Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bloggers lunch

I was very grateful to the Hermeneutic of Continuity to be treated to lunch today. Thanks to the wonderful High Speed Train between Ashford International and St Pancras International in London, I was at our Green Park location just one hour after leaving Ashford International. London is really so much closer now.

Afterwards, I visited a few religous book shops to see if I could obtain a large picture of the Divine Mercy for the church and found a very reasonably priced print at St Paul's by Westminster Cathedral. All I need now is a frame - which will cost quite a bit more if it's going to be decent, and I do want it to be nice.

I wonder if you are as amused as I was by the following grouping together of books:

 

After the shops, a visit to Westminster Cathedral. I routinely genuflected and took my place in the Blessed Sacrament only then to notice that the Blessed Sacrament is exposed on a throne above the tabernacle, so I did my afternoon meditation before returning to St Pancras. (I only had my mobile phone with me so you probably can't see the monstrance in the following photo - you can see the shadow, however.)



The atmosphere in Westminster Cathedral is always very prayerful. It's a wonderful gift for Catholics to have such a church in the centre of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...